Using the Database Find Function
These directions assume that you have created a
database or are using an existing one.
To find records with common field entries:
- Open the database.
- From the menu bar click on Layout, and drag to
- Click in the field
box that corresponds with the
information you want to retrieve.
- Type in the key word for which you are
searching and press return.
- The first record that contains that word in
that particular field box will appear. If there are no records
with that word in that field, a blank screen will appear. The side
bar will indicate the number of records found.
- You can scroll to see other records that
contain that key word.
- To retrieve the entire database, from the menu
bar, click on Organize and drag to Show All
Students opened an existing database on the 50
states and then used the find function to retrieve answers to a
series of questions about the states.