Students opened a file with the following spreadsheet. They
learned how to enter a formula in a spreadsheet so that the totals
would be calculated as they entered the digits.
To enter the formula for finding the sum:
Back to the CRS
- Click in the cell where you want sum. For
example: click to highlight cell A4.
- In the text entry bar, type an equal sign. All
formulas begin with this symbol.
- Then click in the cells you want to total. For
our example: click in cells A1, A2, and A3.
- Notice the formula in the text entry bar. When
you press return you will enter the formula and the computer will
make your calculations. Until digits are entered in the cells your
total will be zero.
- Follow this procedure for each row and